Apparels of Gore-tex is a pretty thing for wearing. The actual method of cleaning it is unknown to some of us. Why the cleaning is needed? Because you don’t want to smell bad. Your appearance in any place with a Gore-tex clothing should not be irritating due to some bad odor. There is no separate season for using this clothing. You can use it throughout the year. This is why, you should make a plan of cleaning it properly in every three months.
Regarding the methods of Gore-tex cleaning, we have found some outstanding tips from the experts. There are some dos and don’ts in the process. The information allows you to apply them for your Gore-tex jacket, rain-coat, shirt steamer etc.
- Avoid soap: The Gore-tex is equipped with some breathing pores. If you use soap, the froth will block the cell-membrane of the pores. You cannot avail the main advantage of using the apparel after such blockage. The steam or vapor of water cannot get through the pores and create a hot environment inside.
- No Detergent: The smell of detergent is a long-lasting thing. It takes time to remove the smell from the clothes. So, try not to add detergent liquid or powder in the washing process.
These two tips will help you to get rid of the problems. Again, you must know the full process. Let’s see them.
- You can either apply manual or machine wash. The result is almost the similar. Before you start washing, unzip every zipper. It will not create any problem in the next steps.
- The inside part should be turned out for removing the smells. It touches the skin and smells really bad.
- Now, you need to clean the dirt from the surface. Simply use a piece of sponge or cloth to clear the dirt.
- Use best garment steamer – steamclients.com frequently to dewrinkled your clothes.
- Cold water is the friendliest liquid to the Gore-tex. Soak your cloth in the bucket of cold water. The sweat will be dissolved and the smell will be gone instantly. The rest of the dirt will also be removed from the clothing. You can also use the washing machine for the same person. But the cycle should be in a gentle speed. If you find a washing machine with front-door, the dirt-cleaning will be easier for you.
- Then, you will need to rinse the clothing again and again. When you are satisfied with the wash, bring a hanger with padded portion and hang the cloth on it. Using a dryer for drying the clothes is strongly discouraged by the expert washers.
- The final step of washing is using lubricators on the zipper. Otherwise, the zipper may get stained. If you use the lubricating oil right after drying it, you can feel the smoothness of zipping and unzipping easily. Your apparel is cleaned and ready to get on your body.
Gore-tex washing is simple, but systematic. There are several options of drying. But air-drying is the best and natural way. Using waterproofing solution is an optional thing for you. Put the dress on and Enjoy!